UPCOMING MEETING AGENDAS:
- “How to Pack Your Bag” w/ Michael Eardley (This presentation is for younger Scouts)
- General Scout Skills review w/ Joe Lambiase (For older Scouts)
- Camping trip Prep w/ Brendan Heaney
- Swim Night
- Merit Badge and Blue card tutorial (scouts will learn how to fill out blue cards, where to find merit badge requirements, how to work with a counselor, etc.)
- Group Merit Badge work (badge TBD)
- Camping trip Prep (SPL TBD)
- Activities TBD
Other things discussed at the meeting:
- Camping trips will be planned by the trip’s SPL in the days before the final prep meeting (We will no longer be doing EVERYTHING the week before the trip).
- Gear leaving St. Thomas for camping trips, hikes, or any other activities, WILL BE SIGNED OUT, as well as THOROUGHLY INSPECTED. Upon reentry into St. Thomas, the gear will be SIGNED BACK IN, as well as RE-INSPECTED.
- Merit badges will become more of a troop activity- completion of badges will be done as in (a) group(s) at meetings.